Welcome to Oodal!

We invite you to join us for a special preview and beta test of Oodal -- the community for interactive storytelling and roleplay. We look forward to seeing you around the site!
Darion Leerin

The Moonbreak Inn

*Darion strolls up to a low, oriental style grey building and checks out the board on the side. He leans on his cane as his gaze roams. The board is covered with posters of quests needing done, from bandit roundup to hunting down the troublesome vampire the local drunk is convinced ate his prized pig. Each quest is marked 'to be returned to the owner of this establishment' for a reward.*

Hm.. This is a good place to hang around for a while.

*He turns to explain to those with him* This is the Moonbreak Inn, a rather interesting establishment as it's located in a steep valley surrounded by trouble on either mountainside and beyond. They routinely hire adventurers to deal with the trouble, but it never stays gone. The Inn itself is protected by a retired arch mage, Mattie and her husband, who happens to be a rather powerful Battleborn, a man of the Kiln race. If you're not familiar with the race, just think of a giant who loves a good fight and can wield Holy magic granted by the Creator, and you have Gunther in a nutshell.

So the trouble never comes directly here, lest it perish rather quickly.

*He gestures* We're here to have some fun with these quests. We can stay in the inn, Eat, Drink, and adventure out at our leisure. They will not come to help us if we get into trouble however, so we will have to rely on our own wits out there.

I can't guarantee anything.. but I think there's also a Black Dragon with anger issues lurking in a cave somewhere on the northern side of the mountains.

Posted (edited)

*looks the place over with a bit of uneasiness* And why does it feel like we are being watched? Please don't tell me the building is not a creature! 😳

Edited by Alley

*Darion laughed at the antics before turning to Shadow* Yes. My friend informed me that they have both a Shaman and a skilled mage in their employ.

*he gestured to the board* However, we have plenty of quests to do if we don't wish to tackle them just yet.

*Rune groaned as she walked towards the door* Of course.. Food first.

*as she approached, the door opened silently, revealing a wide open, well lit interior with magic lanterns and a hearty fire in the middle of the room that served as the entryway and dining hall.*

Impressive. *Rune's eyes glowed slightly as she looked over the room*

*Unimpressed by Night Stalker's presence, Rune made her way to the bar where Mattie stood polishing a glass* I'll have one of your smoked meat sandwiches and a glass of Cherry wine.

*Mattie looked Rune over with amusement before replying* Aren't you a little young to be drinking?

*Rune visibly bristled before she realized that Mattie was joking* ..Make it that dark raspberry Ale please... Wine isn't stiff enough.

Hmm.. Well if you want to help. *Shadow shook her head in slight disappointment* But if all you're expecting is Ella to get into trouble, then I think we're going to come to a disagreement quite quickly.

*she walked up to the bar as Gunther came out from the back of the Inn. He was a man stacked at 8 feet tall, broad shouldered and dressed in linen clothing that was stretched tight by bulging muscles.* Ahh! Adventurers come to partake in quests! Greetings all! *His voice was booming and rang through the room like a hammer*

*Shadow thanked Mattie for her drink as she turned to listen to what Gunther had to say. The Battleborn scratched his chin in contemplation.* Mmm.. You could tackle the Old Tower quest first.

*Arching an eyebrow, Shadow set down her mug* Old Tower?

*He nodded and smiled somberly* We have a quest to retrieve an item from the tower. It was once a stronghold for a mage order that turned Dark. There are rumored to be many magic items, tomes, and weapons left behind. *He shook his head* Another adventurer went to take on the quest, but she didn't return.

*Gunther summons the poster and puts on a small pair of spectacles as he reads over it.* Hm.. You are requested to retrieve the remnants of an Arch mage's staff that was in the making.. The Staff of Lia.

*Darion curiously looks at the poster as Gunther hands it to him.* An Arch Mage's staff? I wonder who's looking for it.

*Gunther smiled knowingly at Darion* No one of foul character, I can assure you.

*Shadow turns to Ella to answer her question* An Arch Mage's staff is one that a mage works on for many years. Everything from the material that the staff itself is made of, to the enchantments, any fabric or metal, and the magic stones adorning it are all carefully selected in order to create a powerful staff for aiding in their casting according to the Mage's purposes and skill.

*Maggie nods in agreement* The most powerful of staves become highly sought after if the mage passes away without leaving the staff to another. Just the materials making it up are valuable.