Step into the Story

Oodal offers the best in interactive storytelling and roleplay. Sign up or sign in now to join the fun!
Skriva

Music - In a Darkened Room

Posted (edited)

Since music seems to be today's topic, I wanted to share my latest little treat. 😄 

I was surfing YouTube the other day, looking for some new music for my playlist. And what did I find? An Icelandic artist I have really started to like named Ragnar Zolberg, did a cover of "In a Darkened Room" (which is an amazing metal ballad by Skid Row). Sebastian Bach (the original lead vocalist of Skid Row) is one of my top favorite vocalists of all time.

The cover is acoustic, which adds an interesting twist.

Fair warning: This is an intense song about surviving child abuse (of the worst kind). It's not graphic, but it is heartbreaking. The lyrics are here.

The original - Skid Row

Cover by Ragnar Zolberg:

Edited by Skriva

Not a bad cover, he has a good voice. Skidrow is still better, but that is the way in every cover of them. 😃

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

These are two covers I cant seem to stop listening to. Maybe you can see why?

Edited by redjedi79

I was a big Europe fan back in the day. I do like the swing version, though. Very catchy!

The Journey remake was excellent. 😃

1 hour ago, redjedi79 said:

Not a bad cover, he has a good voice. Skidrow is still better, but that is the way in every cover of them. 😃

Sebastian Bach is a legendary vocalist. Anyone would be hard-pressed to touch him. But Ragnar Zolberg turned in a great performance, especially towards the end. My respect to both artists! 👍

"18 and Life" is classic Skid Row. Love it! 😄

*Watches both videos. Sits in her chair, stunned.*

WOW. Just wow. That is EPIC. They nailed it! That's the best tribute I've ever heard. Incredible! 😮

@Skriva I know you are really going to like me for this one but sense we are on the topic of covers this is one of my favorites, and if they ever find Annie I think she would agree! 

8 minutes ago, redjedi79 said:

@Skriva In my opinion this is a better cover of Skid Rows In a Darkened Room. 

Not bad. But I still like the Ragnar Zolberg version better. 🙂 

8 minutes ago, redjedi79 said:

@Skriva I know you are really going to like me for this one but sense we are on the topic of covers this is one of my favorites, and if they ever find Annie I think she would agree!

Not bad! But I have to tell you... if Annie hasn't answered by now, chances are she's NOT ok. 😄 

I found this part of the video especially disturbing. What the...? 🤣

wolf.jpg.b4de2faa4afef3ea021012db4cf2fa56.jpg

23 hours ago, redjedi79 said:

Another good cover of a Toto song Africa! This is by Quitedrive.

Good cover. More bite than the original.

Up next is another awesome cover to Blue Oyster Cult's  '(Don't Fear) The Reaper'  by Sever Your Ties!

Okay, I have a tough one here. Most people will more than likely prefer the Demons song from Imagine Dragons. But I like the version better from the Passion soundtrack. I admit I am a little biased, because I am a fan of Chris Daughtry.  See what you thank..